Here are some suggested features and functionality to look for when identifying QC software. Using the suggested features and modules below should provide the farm QC features required for most businesses, including the QC required by customers – most medium to large farms will require most features on this checklist:
Smaller farms don’t usually have the scale to support the use of quality control tools, however, medium to large farms, or those exposed to very high quality requirements by clients will need them. Automating quality control will reduce compliance costs and make audits easier. When assessing a quality control solution, look for the following features or similar functionality as required by your farms unique business processes:
- Easy to configure programs, allowing creation of quality control for different clients
- Ability to configure and specify any subject that is the target of the QC program, and configure user definable fields that may or may not be inherited from a larger farm management or quality control solution
- Flexible QC criteria, allowing creation of unlimited categorized quality control criteria, assignable to unlimited categories
- QC tests (also referred to as ‘criteria’) that allows for multiple test types such as yes/no, pass/fail, range checking (eg: value must be a number between two predefined numbers), visual inspection etc.
- Instructional features: your quality control solution should guide quality officers through the testing process, this requires the ability to store documents and images and present them to the quality officer during the testing process (this ensures quality control officers have the knowledge they need at their fingertips at all times. For example, if testing for sun-burnt grapes, the system should present an image of sun-burnt grapes to the user)
- Alerts: Some farms may require an alert system to alert multiple levels of management or chosen employees if a quality control test fails.
Farm Software Reviews of the best farm software at www.farm-software.net ! See our review of the best farm management software