Fruit Packing Traceability: Fresh Produce Traceability is much more than applying a label to the packed fruit or vegetable. Look for a solution that provides traceability from each end of the supply chain to the other.
Pack sheds and packhouses are experiencing new levels of regulatory control in the fruit packing traceability and pack shed and packhouse processes for fruit and vegetables. Modern fruit and vegetable packing and processing has become increasingly regulated over the past decade. There are now literally hundreds of thousands of regulations world wide that relate to the Traceability and Food Safety for the packing, sorting, grading, washing, and value adding of fruit and vegetables in the human supply chain. It is now more important than ever to ensure the security of your business by implementing fresh produce traceability software.
Ensuring that the traceability chain has no gaps in it is important to reduce the risk exposure of your business. If there is a breach in the traceability chain, then the whole traceability enforcement system has failed and becomes a pointless expense. Implementing a quality control and traceability software solution ensures your business is not unnecessarily exposed, while minimizing compliance costs.
Fresh Produce Traceability software provides a strong platform for accurate recording of fresh produce traceability records, via a variety of easy and logical methods. Risk exposure to the business is greatly reduced by having highly accurate traceability that reduces financial exposure to the packhouse if a recall becomes necessary. Accurate fresh produce traceability reduces the quantity of fruit/vegetables in a recall, and therefore reduces the businesses financial exposure. Click here for hints on how to increase packhouse traceability.
Fresh produce traceability constitutes thousands of processes that are integrated throughout your businesses operations, implement a software solution that will guide users to record correct fresh produce traceability details at the correct time.
Implement Fruit Packing Traceability fresh produce traceability software that ensures all fruit and vegetable (and other types of fresh produce) are labeled and traced upon arrival at the Packhouse or Pack Shed. Fruit and vegetables can be bar-coded upon delivery to the Packhouse (or labeled in the field if chosen). The bar-code should identify the fresh produce for its entire lifecycle ensuring strict adherence to traceability levels such as GlobalGAP, PTI – Produce Traceability Initiative, HACCP, ISO, BRC, FarmSafe, and more.
Fruit Packing Traceability Fresh produce should be scanned when sorted in the pack shed, this ensures Packhouse and Pack Shed managers know where all produce is at all times, and are able to view the history of the movement of fruit and vegetables to trace any potential contamination points that may occur during the pack shed or Packhouse processes.
To ensure maximum fruit packing traceability, implement a system that allows recalls can be performed on these items:
- Trace batch input materials and recall through supply chain to customer Fruit Packing Traceability
- Individual fruit/vegetable piece (based on piece label)
- Packed finish product recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Pallet recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Invoice recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Purchase Order (for source or batch input goods) recall
- Suppliers Reference recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Supplier Company recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Manufacturer recall Fruit Packing Traceability
- Farming block/area recall (Requires FarmSoft Farm solution)
Feature to seek in Fresh Produce Traceability software:
- Traceability can start at the point of purchase order creation for inventory, or can start at the point delivery of produce from a supplier, back on the farm, before planting has taken place if you are using Farm Management Software.
- Choose from various traceability frameworks to implement based on your traceability and food safety standards and regional requirements.
- Automated traceability reduces paperwork and compliance costs
- Capture and archive (for rapid recall) all traceability records related to use of materials, employees, equipment – suitable for use with CANGap, HACCP, GlobalGAP, BRC, EureoGap FarmSafe, PTI , ISOx and more…
- Materials and inventory can be issued with system generated Inventory ID labels which contain a unique Inventory Number that relates to the inventories traceability details. The Inventory Number can be recorded via a mobile device when used, or entered onto a task sheet for later entry; this method makes recording of inventory very rapid and accurate.
- Individual task Quality Check by QC officer, including time, officer, date, and notes (see FarmSoft Quality Control)
- Automatic rejection of any delivery of produce that is still within a PHI/Pre Harvest Interval or withholding period (requires integration with farm software)
- Unauthorized harvests will be rejected upon delivery to ensure maximum quality of fresh produce traceability
- Share your choice of supply chain information using the FarmSoft Traceability Code – allowing either customers or end consumers to rapidly access your selected traceability and marketing information by simply scanning a bar-code with their smartphone or entering a code online
- Strict control over the Fruit Packing Process ensures traceability is maintained even when mixing fresh produce from multiple origins
- Strictly automated Fresh Produce Inventory / Fresh Produce Stock Control and Mobile Inventory ensures traceability enforcement
- Orders, Contracts, Sales, Invoice, and Dispatch processes are tied to exact pallet ID, inventory ID, batch ID, and container numbers, ensuring instant traceability from either end of the supply chain