Traceability Software Review >> How to handle traceability in the farming sector
Farm Inventory Traceability
The best way to maintain traceability of inventory is to capture the traceability details of inventory when it enters the farm. Information that should be captured includes supplier name, date of acquisition, batch or lot numbers, purchase order number, invoice number, storage location. Ensure your chosen farm software can capture these details efficiently.
Checkout FarmSoft’s free fresh produce traceability software.
Labeling Farm Inventory
Achieve maximum traceability by applying inventory labels to farming materials when they enter the farm. Labeling the inventory makes it easy for employees to simply reference the Inventory Number or scan the bar-code on the inventory label when the inventory is being consumed. This makes recording traceability details easy and rapid, therefore maximizing the possibility of employee participation in the traceability process.
Recording Farm Inventory When Used
The ease of use of your farm software solution will drastically effect its adaptation by employees. Ensure your chosen farm software solution includes the following features in relation to recording the inventory that has been used in the farming process:
- ability to scan inventory labels (using a smart phone or tablet or industrial phone/PDA) to record inventory used
- ability to reference inventory used by using an Inventory Number or Inventory ID
Farm Traceability Reporting
Ensure your chosen farm software solution can provide the following traceability reports and tools:
- look up inventory traceability information using and Inventory Number
- look up where (areas of land, date, time, employee/s, application rate) inventory was used by using either Inventory Number, Supplier Name, Delivery Date, Suppliers Invoice Number, Purchase Order Number
- look up all plantings/crop instances and areas of land where a particular inventory was used
Farm Software Reviews of the best farm software at www.farm-software.net !